Re: Problem with sound in Lenny installation

2008/11/27 Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com>:
> I thought the idea of Debian Women was, at least in part, to give a safe space
> where men wouldn't laugh at you?? ;-)

I am never sure. The original purpose was to encourage female DDs, but
I suppose it's nowadays used to discuss all matters enhanced by two X
chromosomes.

>>      3) use alsamixer and unmute channels and raise levels (also try
>>      muting some channels)
>
> Now this I haven't done.  I tried, but I couldn't fathom how to work it - or
> even how to interpret it.

I'm sorry, I should have said alsamixergui, which is a bit more
friendly. From what you later posted from d-user, it seems that the
problem is here. Is it?

- Jordi G. H.