Re: (forw) Debian male contributors participate in the 2008 Google "Summer of Code"

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 08:59:35AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Just a thought: 100% men. Slightly sad, isn't it?
>
> (I don't blame ppl who did choose the projects as I think there was no
> project proposed by a female student, I'm afraid)

IMHO, how current contributors to the project have discouraged to participate
in GSOC (*) could have an influence in this. And we are a nice number of number of
women already contributing, but still a small percentage. We will never know.

Ana
(*) Note: this was not from the Debian project that encouraged everybody, but
from some developer(s) personal point of view.