Re: women in IT (in AU)

Interesting thread.

I'm usually a lurker on this list, but I thought I would contribute.
In my regional office full of geeks (we're more os and hardware than
software) I am the only woman out of 20.

I know that my department overall tries to maintain 8% females, but I
don't know how successful they are.  I work for one of internet search
firms in the US.

--JL

On 10/31/06, Penny Leach <penelope.leach@gmail.com> wrote:
On 10/31/06, Ricardo Mones <mones@aic.uniovi.es> wrote:
>   A complete different view of the one I have from my chair right now:
> from about 35 people in this team only 6 are women (around 17%).

ditto the company I work for (in New Zealand). Of a company of 70, I
guess about 60 are geeks, of which we have 6 women.

context: http://she.geek.nz || http://catalyst.net.nz