Re: Now for something really controversial...

also sprach Erinn Clark <erinn@debian.org> [2006.07.11.2227 +0200]:
> I think we should switch version control systems for our website. Which
> one should we use? I will probably go with whichever option is most
> popular, but have a preference for not subversion. Discuss.

Why not subversion? I've looked at many in detail and the final
round was between bzr, hg, git, and svn. bzr is too much in flux and
missed some features I'd like to see, hg and bzr will eventually
merge, git is too low level for my taste and was made for kernel
development mainly, and subversion just works.

`. `'`

"alles sollte so einfach, wie möglich gemacht sein,
 aber nicht einfacher."
                                                    -- albert einstein