Re: IT screen goddesses

On Jul 9, 2006, at 3:41 PM, Erinn Clark wrote:

I think the deeper issue here is not necessarily that these women

decided to pose for these pictures, but rather *why*.

I'd pose in a heartbeat. The short of it is that I have no doubts as to my own intelligence or skill as a developer and that frankly, I'm tired of being androgynous as a geek. Yes, I'm female and have a growing fondness for the color pink, but why should I have to hide that to be considered intelligent or worthy of the IT stereotype?

The producers point out that they're doing this in part to raise money for non-profits that encourage women in technology. Assuming they're actually donating a significant portion of the proceeds, I'd be happy to contribute to a cause like that.

FWIW, I'm all in favor of sticking good-looking IT men on calendars, too. :o)

- Vani Raja Hansen