Is a robot dog a "technology role" ?

Hi all,

I just read this:

"Women valued for technology roles

Dr Edwards uses a robot dog to make technology approachable
A woman who uses a robot dog to get others excited about technology and its
potential as a career has been named best woman in technology for her work. "

An interesting article.  I'm not sure I'm so impressed that the winner of this
award has her contribution described as being mainly about a (cute) robot dog.
But maybe that's not fair.

Maybe the point is that women do contribute to technology in different ways to men?

What do others think?

Helen