Re: Debian-Women and SPI

On 2005-07-20, Fernanda G Weiden <fernanda@softwarelivre.org> wrote:
>>  * What could we at SPI be doing to improve the situation?
>
> Inviting women to get involved? I don't know anything about the SPI job,

OK.  You're all invited! :-)

I've posted most of the information you requested in another message to
this list just now.  Our website is at http://www.spi-inc.org/ -- sorry
for not mentioning that before.

You can just jump in and help in most areas.  To be eligible to vote in
elections, you need to be a contributing member.  Information about SPI
membership is at http://www.spi-inc.org/membership.  Contributing
membership is available to any active member of the free software
community, and as a practical matter, is granted automatically to all
active Debian developers that request it.  (Though you do NOT need to be
a Debian developer, or even involved with Debian.)

I suppose I also was negligent in not introducing myself.  I've been
involved with SPI for somewhere around 3 years, starting with working on
the bylaws revision committee, and am currently president of SPI.

-- John