Debian-Women and SPI

I've been thinking a bit about the involvement of women with SPI.  There
isn't much at the moment, and there are no women on the board (I can't
remember any running for positions on the board either).

I'm interested in any feedback people might have.  Some starting
questions might be:

 * Why do you think there are few women participating in SPI?

 * Is this a distinct problem, or is it fallout from the low
   participation in Debian?  (Or the low overall participation of Debian
   folks in SPI?)

 * What could we at SPI be doing to improve the situation?

-- John