Re: d-w wiki

* Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> [2005:05:24 15:35 -0700]:
> On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 06:30:17PM -0400, Samantha wrote:
> > This is a neat idea. However, I am a bit confused about the password
> > requirement. I am not sure if this was mentioned on irc already (if so I
> > apologise)...why is there a password to edit a wiki? Doesn't that defeat
> > the purpose of a wiki?
>
> Because the Internet is a democratizing institution, which means that any
> idiot with $20/mo. to spend on a connection can be a fuckwit and wikispam
> you for fun and profit.
>
> Welcome to the least common denominator -- you are here.

Tell us how you really feel. :P

And yeah, it sucks that we have to use a password. I wish there were
something we could do about it. I suppose we could require people to
register -- does anyone know if that makes a difference? Or do
wiki-spammers have clever ways around this too?

--
off the chain like a rebellious guanine nucleotide