Re: Core KDE member about HIG^W female contributors

On Tue, 17 May 2005 03:00:55 -0300, Fabricio Cannini <segfault.br@gmail.com> wrote:

Well, all in all, i liked the article.
It indeed sounds harsh, general, rude... whatever.

 Nah, more like preaching to the choir.  I know the
expected response is either silence or "amen, brother".
I would not have said anything unless I thought this
approach could do more harm than good.

But this is the kind of thing
that that kind of guys (that Scott talks about)
need to hear sometimes, specially the 8 steps list.

 They _do_ need to hear it, for sure.  However, I think
it must be said/written to their face, not in a public
adress.  Why?  Because the worst offenders are likely
to be oblivious to their own failings, in denial,
indifferent or incapable of taking subtle hints.
 I bet a majority of the guys who feel slightly guilty
when they read the article have little or no reason to
feel ashamed.  I am not a strong believer in collective
guilt; it doesn't work too well.

No project deserves to sink because of a single jerk,
no matter how technically talented he can be, period.

 Couldn't agree more!

--
Herman Robak
herman at skolelinux no