Re: Core KDE member about HIG^W female contributors

On Sun, 15 May 2005 19:40:10 +0200 (CEST), Miriam Ruiz <little_miry@yahoo.es> wrote:

--- Herman Robak <herman@skolelinux.no> escribió:
  OK, maybe you don't expect to come to a
conclusion,
but just want to share some of your frustrations?
I can sympathise with that.

I don't know why your response to my message is so
hostile, but seeing it is, I won't reply again.

 I'm sorry if my wording put you off.  I thought the
article had some sweeping generalisations.  They may
be true, but I think one should tread more carefully.
A valiant defender of the offended women can easily
become part of the problem himself.

This list is supposed to be women-friendly so wecan express our oppinions.

 Please do not interpret my grumpiness on this issue as
hostility against women.  I am trying to enlighten you.
If you want to improve the situation, you must understand
the problematic gender.  How do you motivate the guys to
behave, and how do you avoid making them hostile?  And
how do you distinguish a personal hostility from a simple
disagreement?

 If you find my style confrontational, you are right.
I wanted to kick up some dust.  Nothing personal. :-)

I don't think you know enough of me for talking about
what my frustrations might or not be, so it would be
better if you tried not to judge me in the personal
level.

 That was why I asked.  It was not a rhethorical
question.

--
Herman Robak
herman at skolelinux no