Re: gnu autotools

On Sat, May 14, 2005 at 02:48:18PM +1000, Sonia Hamilton wrote:
> In my quest to become at one with Debian :-) I'm trying to learn to use
> the GNU Autotools, but I'm seem to be going around in circles... There's
> lots of documentation out there (see below), but it's either out of date
> eg [1], contradictory, just gives "magic recipes", or may as well be
> written in "Chef" (bork, bork):

> [1] http://sourceware.org/autobook/ "The Goat Book"

I think this one should still apply to most things.  Some of the details
might be handled more elegantly these days, though.  (The autoconf-doc
package is in non-free btw, so you might have missed it.  It gives good
advice on which macros are available and do what)

Michael

--
Michael Banck
Debian Developer