Re: errors building a .deb

Sonia Hamilton wrote:
[...]
As per [1] this builds OK with 'debuild -us -uc', but with 'debuild' it
can't get to my key:

Now signing changes and any dsc files...
signfile grabc_1.1-1.dsc Sonia Hamilton <soniaNO_SPAMsnowfrog.net>
gpg: skipped `Sonia Hamilton <soniaNO_SPAMsnowfrog.net>': secret key not
available
gpg: [stdin]: clearsign failed: secret key not available

How is it choosing my key? From 'changelog' or 'control'? Unfortunately,
when I created my key, I created it as:

Sonia Larissa Hamilton (Sydney, Australia) <soniaNO_SPAMsnowfrog.net>
 rather than
Sonia Hamilton <soniaNO_SPAMsnowfrog.net>

You could use the -k <keyid> option or create a subkey (see below).

I've been wanting to change this for ages; but as my key has lots of
signatures on it, rather than creating a new key should I create a
subkey "Sonia Hamilton <sonia...>"? Any pointers on how to do this?

The reference is probably the GNU Privacy Handbook [1]:

$ gpg --edit-key <keyid>
Command> adduid

Cheers

Luk