Re: errors building a .deb

* On Sat, Apr 30, 2005 at 04:03:42PM +1000, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> ...<snip>
> Nah, you can range all over the place and change things.  It all gets
> recorded in the .diff.gz file in the end.
>
> The install target of the debian/rules is intended to move files from where
> they are in the build tree into the debian/tmp (or debian/<pkgname>)
> directory.  Since the grabc makefile doesn't have an install target,
> obviously the upstream author intended for this step to be done some other
> way (perhaps by hand?).  You just replicate that within your debian/rules,
> with appropriate adjustments for the destination.

Hi Matt (and others) - thanks for your reply. This is what I added to
the user supplied makefile - look ok?

> DESTDIR= /usr/bin
> install: $(OBJS)
>         $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -o $(PROGNAME) $(OBJS) $(LIBS)
>         mv $(PROGNAME) $(DESTDIR)

As per [1] this builds OK with 'debuild -us -uc', but with 'debuild' it
can't get to my key:

> Now signing changes and any dsc files...
>  signfile grabc_1.1-1.dsc Sonia Hamilton <soniaNO_SPAMsnowfrog.net>
> gpg: skipped `Sonia Hamilton <soniaNO_SPAMsnowfrog.net>': secret key not
> available
> gpg: [stdin]: clearsign failed: secret key not available

How is it choosing my key? From 'changelog' or 'control'? Unfortunately,
when I created my key, I created it as:

Sonia Larissa Hamilton (Sydney, Australia) <soniaNO_SPAMsnowfrog.net>
 rather than
Sonia Hamilton <soniaNO_SPAMsnowfrog.net>

I've been wanting to change this for ages; but as my key has lots of
signatures on it, rather than creating a new key should I create a
subkey "Sonia Hamilton <sonia...>"? Any pointers on how to do this?

[1] http://women.alioth.debian.org/wiki/index.php?n=English.PackagingTutorial

--
Sonia Hamilton. GPG key A8B77238.
.