Re: help fixing XHTML pages

Hi:

El Domingo, 21 de Agosto de 2005 05:03, morgan escribió:
> Hi, everyone!
>
> Someone on #debian (I believe it was madduck) suggested for me to post this
> on the list. What I want to do is convert xhtml pages on www.debian.org to
> XHTML 1.0 Strict. The thing is that debian.org uses a tool called WML to
> generate the web pages. I need help in learning how to do this. I've
> downloaded the web site to my local machine, and I've read
> http://www.debian.org/devel/website/ and its links. I just would like
> someone to show me, step by step, how to convert a wml page to an xhtml
> page. Could someone help me do this? I'll be on #debian, or you can
> respond to the list. My handle is geekchic9.

I am not sure of understand right your mail, but i hope my answer helps you.

You don't need convert WML pages to XHTML. WML pages are templates that you
compile by a Makefile to generate a output, this output are the pages we see
at www.debian.org
So you need re-made wml templates to generate a correct XHTML 1.0 Strict
output.

WML is essential to maintain debian.org pages in serveral languages.

IIRC, there is already people working on it You could take a look to
debian-www mailing list archives: http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/
and ask there who help in this task.

Ana

Renovamos el Correo Yahoo!