lots of women signing up to become Debian Developers! :)

Hi All,

I just thought I would let you know that we have had a recent surge in women
signing up for the New Maintainer (NM) process to become Debian Developers.   So
congratulations to Christine, Ana, Ana Isabel and Miriam for being ready to
apply for NM :)

There are currently (if I can count right), 12 women in the NM queue [1].
That's definitely a record, and good evidence that the Debian Women project is
succeeding!

If anyone is interested in the NM process in general, you may like to read the
emails I wrote about it while I was working my way through the queue [2-7].  If
anyone has questions or is interested in applying for NM, you are welcome to ask
them here, or to the debian-newmaint@lists.debian.org mailing list [8]

Good luck to all of the Debian Women people who are in the NM queue at the
moment!  (May there be many more of you!)

Helen

1. http://nm.debian.org/nmlist.php
2. http://lists.debian.org/debian-women/2004/08/msg00059.html
3. http://lists.debian.org/debian-women/2004/08/msg00126.html