Re: Some thoughts regarding DW

* Jutta Wrage <jw@witch.westfalen.de> [2005:08:15 02:51 +0200]:
> Am 15.08.2005 um 00:58 schrieb Hanna M. Wallach:
>
> >Oh let's use tools that are
> >easier to use, so that more people can get involved," but in fact this
> >goes against the primary goal of Debian Women: integration.
>
> 1. Can you please be a bit more specific here what you refer too? Is
> that an argument to use tools like cvs (or the newer svn) like the
> main website instead of using baz because some find that easier to
> use (this is only an example)?

FWIW, and I don't know if this has been made clear yet, but we didn't
choose baz to be different or to make things more difficult: we chose it
because it is a good tool and achieves what we want. We certainly didn't
plan for people who don't use Debian to contribute, nor did we think it
would be as difficult for people to use as has been implied. As a side
note, plenty of people have required tutoring with baz, but most of them
have picked it up fairly quickly.

> 3. What about the integration of d-w into www.d.o? As far as I have
> understood, there are not so many problems to integrate the debian-
> women website (the wiki may be place directly under debianwomen.org
> then) into the main webwml tree. Is that one of the milestones? It
> would integrate the d-w project more into Debian. As you might know,
> I prepared already an (empty) example wml for the d-w pages on
> www.debian.org.

What level of integration with the main website do we want, though? I'd
like to think that only people involved in DW have control over the site
content and AFAIK, from speaking with James Troup, it's not absolutely
necessary to integrate it with the main WML tree 'cause right now it
would be hosted on spohr, but we can get baz installed wherever it ends
up. (This is regarding women.debian.org, which will happen soonish once
a few things are worked out.)

--
off the chain like a rebellious guanine nucleotide