Re: adding gender field on debian developer's database (from debian-devel)

It does raise somewhat of an interesting point though. As someone had
already stated, the term gender is typically used to define someone's
sexual identity in regards to society and psychologically, as opposed
to sex, which refers more to your physiological makeup.

Which are we attempting to target by having such a field? Classifying
someone by sexual organs or by how they view themselves in the society
at large at how they see themselves sexually? While it seems to be a
useful bit of information for coffee table discussion, how relevant it
is to the Debian project is somewhat unknown.