Re: Possible d-w project: handling/help DWN editor

On Wed, 2005-07-06 at 10:49 +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> If someone in the project (and hopefully a woman) would be interested
> in this, why not consider approaching Joey to bring him help for DWN
> edition (with the ultimate goal of taking it over).
> As far as I know, this needs:
>
> -following the "life of Debian" as widely as possible (YES this
>  include reading the -devel mailing list...:-))
>
> -be able to write short summaries in the way DWN is written (so,
>  probably good written English is needed)
>
> -be very neutral about all topics (Joey is very good at this)

I would gladly help, though hopefully with someone else. Honestly, I
don't think that I would be able to handle it alone, for the simple
reason that once school starts up again, I'm going to be pretty strapped
for time and wouldn't be able to keep up well enough. All the other
stuff I'm involved with right now can easily be managed using little
enough time, but substantially more is needed to keep up to date
everything that goes on within this mammoth of a community.

I'm fairly sure that I can handle the last two points decently enough. I
just subscribed to -devel and -project for kicks to see how things go.
(Yeah, right before I leave town for two days. Brilliant.) I already
read Planet and the important announce lists, as well as subscribe to
-mentors (but don't read it all...).

I'll see how it goes in a couple days.

--
"All that glitters is not gold; not all those that wander are lost."
        J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

blog: http://frisia.middle-earth.us/