Re: pure Debian box?

Margarita Manterola wrote:
Hi Sonia!

Hey!

On 6/16/05, Sonia Hamilton <sonia@snowfrog.net> wrote:

pbuilder is probably the most popular solution.  It has the disadvantage of
requiring root privileges (to use chroots), but is much simpler and performs
better than (e.g.) UML.

Thanks everyone - I'm having a play with pbuilder, and debootstrap to
build a chroot environment.

After you've finished, if you have the time, would you care to do a
mini-tutorial on this?  Maybe put it in the wiki, or maybe send it to
the list as plain text and let someone else wikify it.

I think this would be a nice addition to the things we have right now
in the wiki.

No worries :-)