DW wiki encoding and other problems (help please)

Hi D-Ws  :)

I hope you don't mind me sobbing on your collective shoulders again. ;)

My wiki translation holdups:

(a) I still haven't been able to work out why that one particular character (an o grave, of all things! not even a combined diacritic) won't display properly in the wiki: please see the Vietnamese homepage [1], and especially the Editing Tips page [2], because the word "line" is used extensively there, and it uses the o grave, so the page is really messed up by that error. It shows up as a black diamond with a question mark, and also inserts a line break there (always in the draft, often in the final copy).

I really want to sort this one out before continuing with the translation: I don't feel comfortable about displaying the translation to my language community when it looks this bad. :( Not from any status hangups, but because it is a lot better for our community spirit in dealing with the huge and very new area of computing, if we can show we can do things properly. I want to raise confidence, not embarrass it. ;)

I still also have some problems with knowing how to do things:

(b) Are there other ways of expressing "pmwiki.documentationindex." on the homepage? Is it a link?

(c) Translating the Sidebar: the Vietnamese version is of course blank to start with, but I can't find the English version to translate in the first place. I tried English/Sidebar (nothing), then tried clicking on the "edit?" link in the sidebar (menu). Nothing. : ( Am I doing this wrong?

(d) I think I've finally got the general link thing worked out. If I structure the internal links this way:

[[Group.PageName|Vietnamese name]]

then the page will still have the ASCII name, but the links will _look_ correct, so the reader will know where she's going. It's better than having horrible ASCII links breaking up the reading experience... but the page titles (v large headings) still look bad. Words without accents don't have the correct meaning for us: words with different accent have different meanings, so removing the accents changes or completely removes the original meaning. :(

(e) Can we translate the editing buttons? Save, Edit, Preview etc.?

I'm posting these questions again, to ask for any help you have time to give, and so I don't forget that I need to work them out. Please don't feel nagged about them: anytime I can solve them with your help, I can go on with the translation: there's no pressure or expectations. Any help is very much appreciated.

Clytie Siddall--Renmark, in the Riverland of South Australia

Ở thành phố Renmark, tại miền sông của Nam Úc

[1] http://women.alioth.debian.org/wiki/index.php/Vietnamese/HomePage
[2] http://women.alioth.debian.org/wiki/index.php/PmWiki/MeoChoHieuChinh