Re: dw-wiki questions

On Sun, May 29, 2005 at 12:05:55PM +0200, Thierry Reding wrote:
> * Clytie Siddall wrote:

>> The wiki seems to be tripping up over one character: an o with
>> grave, in the UTF-8 charset: U+00F2 (a Latin character!).

> Is that a problem that you encounter when writing normal text, or
> when trying to create links. Note that you cannot (at least as far
> as I know) have non-US-ASCII characters in URLs.

If I enter non-ASCII characters in an URL, my browser converts the
string to UTF-8 and then %NN-escapes non-ASCII bytes. A quick glance
at the HTTP and URL/URI RFCs (2616 § 3.2.1 and 2396 § 2.1) suggests
that this is a standard behaviour, except for the choice of the
charset for the characters-to-octets translation, which is
unspecified by the standards.

--
Lionel