International Women's Day

Hi Girls

I thought, I'd drop a short notice, since today (or tomorrow, the 8th or
March anyway, wherever you are) is the International Women's Day! [1]
A day to celebrate the achievements of women all around the world, to
appreciate all these women who made a change to this world, be it a major
one or just in small. :)

UN.org says:
<quote>
International Women's Day (8 March) is an occasion marked by women's
groups around the world. This date is also commemorated at the United
Nations and is designated in many countries as a national holiday. When
women on all continents, often divided by national boundaries and by
ethnic, linguistic, cultural, economic and political differences, come
together to celebrate their Day, they can look back to a tradition that
represents at least nine decades of struggle for equality, justice, peace
and development.

International Women's Day is the story of ordinary women as makers of
history; it is rooted in the centuries-old struggle of women to
participate in society on an equal footing with men.
</quote>

So girls, go get yourselves some appreciation today, celebrate your
womanhood and treat yourselves to something nice. It's your day and (to
quote helix) You all rock!!

Best,
                       _
Best                  (_)
Meike (alphascorpii)   +

PS: Guys, sorry to be so exclusive but this is our day.
You've got the other 355, but today it's all about the girls ;)

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Women's_Day
[2] http://www.un.org/ecosocdev/geninfo/women/womday97.htm