Re: MySQL 4.1.8a

Steve Langasek wrote:
On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 12:12:35PM +0100, Mechtilde Stehmann wrote:

Hi everyone,
It' s enough to despair:
After the update of my MySQl 4.1.7 to mysql 4.1.8a (Debian-Sarge)the mysql server doesn't start anymore.

I would humbly offer that this mailing list is not a substitute for filing
bug reports when a package is broken.  A server failing to start after an
upgrade is typically a release critical bug, and should be reported to the
maintainer ASAP; moreover, the maintainer is much better positioned to debug
such a problem, in general, than a low-subscription general-audience mailing
list such as this.

Sorry Steve, but in case of problems we first search the mistakes in our doing. We never thought, there could be a broken package, because debian is extremly sure and stable, because that project has excellent maintainers.

Mechtilde