Re: RC Bugsquashing howto [Re: Anyone up for bug squashing?]

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 04:28:33PM +0100, Amaya wrote:
> Steve Langasek wrote:
> > I'd like to propose an "RC bugsquashing tutorial" to coincide with the
> > BSP this weekend.

> Great idea! Keep us updated about it.

> > Also, given the requirement for one-on-one attention from the only
> > experienced DD that's volunteered for the task so far (me),

> Count me in!

> Given that I have had some bitter experiences with sponsored NMUs, I am
> wondering how do you plan to deal with these, if we are going to do them
> at all.

This didn't get much discussion beforehand, but I figured I'd take the
opportunity to comment on this now that (AFAIK) the first of the patch
submissions from this weekend's BSP have reached incoming:

To answer your question, I don't believe in doing sponsored NMUs, which is
why that wasn't part of the presentation.  I believe the correct procedure
is still for non-DDs to send patches to the BTS, and for DDs to download
such patches, review them, and prepare an NMU (with credit), which is what
happened here.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer