Re: RC Bugsquashing howto [Re: Anyone up for bug squashing?]

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 18:48:40 -0800, Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:
> It is not intended that this tutorial be closed to men, but as this is
> something we've never tried before, I'm not going to announce it to a wider
> audience than this mailing list.  Also, given the requirement for one-on-one
> attention from the only experienced DD that's volunteered for the task so
> far (me), the optimal group size for this is probably 6-10.  If there are
> others willing to help out as part of the BSP we may be able to stretch that
> if necessary, but probably not by much.

I've already participated in a BSP (that I organized in Argentina),
this doesn't mean that I'm terribly experienced, but I'm willing to
help with what I may, and also to learn about what I don't know.

Also, you said that previous knowledge about packages is needed... I'm
willing to help with that.  Although it's an easy task, I could give a
pre-tutorial on how to download, patch, build and install a package.

Or maybe, I could prepare a small HOWTO somewhere on the web, so
people can read it in advance and then keep it as reference.

--
Besos,
Marga