Re: Profiles/contributors (was:Re: Website beta trial)

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 11:04:02PM +0200 or thereabouts, Jutta Wrage wrote:

> >Maybe I'm just a cranky old bat, but I don't think we need an
> >endorsement
> >page from men.
>
> Hmm, is it really the age? Do young women think different at all?

Coming from a young woman, I don't think we need a supporters page
listing men!  Most of my thoughts on the subject have already been
expressed so I'm not going to repeat them.
If I may suggest, why not a "How To Support" page?  Don't make it 'for
men' though, include things like the basic treat everyone equally, be
polite, be helpful.  Maybe it could be a spot where projects that need
something could be listed.  (for example documentation, or parts of the
website that don't have a maintainer (is that the right word?))

Then maybe if the group thinks it's necessary have a small corner
specifically for men.  We could address the issues that keep coming up
with men that we have to explain over and over again.  (Much discussion
on linuxchix issues about this lately)  Or maybe that's too much like
justifying our existance and doesn't need to be up there...I'm just
tossing around ideas.

Gretchen