Re: New and not new

Hello Jutta,
Hallo Jutta, :-)

Am 2004-07-14 22:42:24, schrieb Jutta Wrage:
>Hi!
>
>I joind the list a few days ago.
>
>My first linux was a Slackware running inside DOS - not very useful, at

Ups, I have tried it 1996 and failed...
Downloaded tonns of Floppy Images with 28.800 BpS

>all. First time I installed a full Linux os was in 1996, when I got the
>Infomagic CD. I just installed something claiming to be Debian 1.0
>(http://www.educ.umu.se/~bjorn/mhonarc-files/debian-announce/
>msg00005.html) and said not to be installable or run correctly.

It was buzz.  AFAIK

>I got running it at all. And since that time I am using Debian.

I am in march 1999 with SLINK 2.1r2. Downloades the 7 Floppy Diks
and installed it understood nothing... :-/

...but I got it running after 3 month.

Then in 1999-08 I bought the 4 CD's from Heiko Schlittermann
And my first full working Desktop was born... fvwm on it...

Today fvwm 2.5.10-9  -  the best WM of the world :-)

>Im am not involved in the Debian project yet, but I did some backports
>(brown papper bag needed) and wrote a little HOWTO on installing Debian

:-)

>stable (Woody) on Epia boards with Nehemiah chip.

Where is it ?

>My native language is German. I could do some translations from English
>to German language, but I do not have much time at all. This is just a
>message to let you know, that I am here and reading. ;-)

Wie nett  :-)

>If you have a look at the message headers: Yes, I am using OS X, too.
>
>Someone mentioned IRC: Which channel? IRCNET?

irc.debian.org #debian-women ?

>greetings
>
>Jutta

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi