Re: I need your voice

On 2004-12-01 12:41:49 +0100, Patricia Jung said:
> On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 12:34:12 +0100, Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org>
> wrote:
>
> >Files I have succeeded to grab or which I received up to now:
> >Norwegian Bokmal
> >Norwegian Nynorsk
> I don't think you'll need both languages when it comes to spoken text
> since Bokmal and Nynorsk are written languages. The spoken Norwegian
> language isn't standardised as such, everyone speaks his or her dialect
> (and I guess, there is no point in recording several dialects for this
> purpose :)

If this is going to be one greeting for each _translation_, they should
be different. Even though there isn't any standardised spoken Norwegian,
the way a text is read is standardised (you don't read the word "jeg" as
"æ" when reading a bokmål text even if you are from Trondheim) and if
these texts are to show a translation, they should be read, not spoken
in a random dialect. And the word "welcome" is different in bokmål and
nynorsk.

(No, Norwegian language issues are not straight-forward :-))

I am pretty sure Karianne is capable of reading both bokmål and
nynorsk, though :-)

Magni :)
--
sash is very good for you.