Re: Interesting article

On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 04:31:17PM +0100, Helen Faulkner wrote:
> Hanna M. Wallach wrote:
> >>What a disappointment... The world is black and white, Free software
> >>is doomed and male free software developers are the vermin of society,
> >>asocial and weird ... Hmm, why should I take the rest of the article
> >>serious?</sarcasm>
> >

> >I agree with your disappointment, Frank. However, my disappointment --
> >and irritation -- stems from the utter inaccuracy of the following
> >passage:
>
> I'm confused about how serious Frank was being.  But in any case, I don't
[...]

Not overly serious. But I wanted to make a point: IMHO the article contains
nothing really new for people already thinking about the problem and at
the same time tries hard to scare away everyone else. Take the sentence
about KDE/GNOME, it adds nothing new, it's merely half a sentence, but
it's formulated so harsh and short that I for myself would be feel
like being slapped into my face if I worked on any of these projects.

And there are only rare ocasions where you would slap people into their
faces to get them listening. But perhaps it only works that way, I don't
know. I don't believe it, though.

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>