Re: No goals, selective memory, be nice, red nose day

On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 01:49:08PM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> Shouldn't more than 2 of the 650+ posts result in a redirection if
> such things are going to happen? There are posts (on style guides, for
> example) which seem pretty clearly appropriate for -doc, but were not
> redirected, as far as I noticed. The "counter-example" you dismissed
> is when redirection was attempted but did not occur, which isn't a
> counter-example, but one of only two examples found.

I personally don't think it's productive to immediately push people towards the
mainline Debian lists. When trying to nurture people who might be hesitant
about the project initially, throwing them to lists that might not be as
welcoming at first sight would not help matters. Instead, I think that getting
these people used to doing some work and generally more knowledgeable about
Debian so that they're better prepared for these lists is a preferable
approach. Granted, they could ask the same questions on other lists, but they
came to this list for a reason, and that is why the list is here in the first
place.

 - David Nusinow