Re: No goals, selective memory, be nice, red nose day

On 2004-08-21 02:40:38 +0100 Ricardo Mones <mones@aic.uniovi.es> wrote:

MJ Ray <mjr@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
Why is it good for either to post here than some -user list?
Why is bad?

If we start from the assumption that -women subscribers in part want to remedy some problem of debian lists, then letting unproblematic posts come here instead of going to an appropriate list actually increases the problem proportion on the appropriate list. Without careful handling, this list makes the other debian lists worse.

For example why is bad I post on debian-user-spanish instead of
debian-user or viceversa?

That's a different situation which I think suggests that you didn't understand the point I was trying to make. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I see -user-spanish and -user as parallel lists, really.

Please email about: BT alternative for line rental+DSL;
Education on SMEs+EU FP6; office filing that works fast