Re: No goals, selective memory, be nice, red nose day

> Well, even if so, why not? This list claims
> friendliness and
> intolerance of bigotry, yet it's ferpectly pine for
> anyone not
> praising debian-women to be attacked by listers with
> flames, abuse,
> public IRC logs or conspiracies of silence. Such
> behaviour will get no
> rebukes here.

Yep, that's a good point we should think about. Must
we be tolerant also with intolerant people?

> I am a prime example why groups like debian-women
> work against their
> aim: I believe in equal opportunities in debian for
> all, regardless of
> irrelevant characteristics like sex. I don't even
> know whether there
> are any women amongst those I collaborate with on
> packaging, for
> example (because I don't know some of the people
> well enough yet and
> it's not that important). In future, I will try to
> avoid many of the
> posters to this list on some things. I guess it
> helps that me to know
> who you are: a purpose for debian-women!

You probably don't mind about it because you're
assuming they're men. You don't mind if women
participate in Debian or not? The problem is that we
mind, and we want to do something about that.

> The idea of parts of the debian project being closed
> to a particular
> sex or race is offensive to me, yet some
> debian-women participants
> support similar moves in other projects or call
> things like linuxchix
> "a great community". The solution to running into a
> wall is to knock
> it down, not build your own! The other likely
> offensive move is
> promoting the idea that "friendly," "welcoming" and
> similar notions
> are essentially linked with "women". Thank you carla
> for tirelessly
> working to kill that myth. ;-)

debian-women is NOT closed to anyone, you can join it
if you like. Its purpose is to encourage women to
involve in the development of Debian. Are you against
this purpose?

About LinuxChix, It is a project OUTSIDE Debian, and
we're free to belong to any project we want.

Miry

Nuevos servicios, más seguridad
http://correo.yahoo.es