Re: unwritten "messages" was: On debian lists, we cc if asked

On 2004-08-15 17:55:43 +0100 Almut Behrens <almut-behrens@gmx.net> wrote:

To elaborate on why I perceive your tone as "patronizing", let's just
take the subject line "On debian lists, we cc if asked", for example:

Ye gods, that title is in a fairly common neutral academic style! (Well, I subbed "we" for "one" because it looked odd, but still...)

This is getting like the two psychiatrists who pass each other in the street: one says good morning and the other thinks "I wonder what he meant by that?"

Your rewrite doesn't express my wishes clearly enough. Further, I think "maybe I didn't say so clearly enough" would be justly flamed for suggesting the reader has an IQ near that of a house-brick.

I am not subscribed and I request a cc, or let's take this off-list.

Please email about: BT alternative for line rental+DSL;
Education on SMEs+EU FP6; office filing that works fast