Re: My adventures with the NM process, part 2:

On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 11:06:46AM +0100, Helen Faulkner wrote:
> Actually, the list of my relevant skills and experience really isn't very
> long at all, but I'm not going to worry about that, since my sponsor
> evidently thinks it is sufficient.  OK, I'll admit to a couple of anxious

I think that the advocate is more of a temperament thing than a skills
thing.  Most of us didn't have every skill under the sun at the beginning,
you pick it up as you go along.

> "forgot" to say I can also program in fortran ;)  Probably that's not

It's best that way.  Some things should never be brought up in polite
company.

> So here I wait, for a month or two, as I understand it, until I get an
> Application Manager assigned to me.  Then it will get more interesting.

I don't think it took that long to get an AM.  The FD hasn't processed
anything in a while -- there's 9 free AM slots at the moment, so as soon as
tbm gets back from whatever he's up to at the moment.

> In the meantime I am continuing my quest to learn the stuff I need to know
> to do this thing...

Have you seen the AM templates at
https://alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/templates/?cvsroot=nm-templates
?  You have a better than even chance of being asked those questions...

- Matt