Re: sexist language in debian instructions/documentation

On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 09:15:52PM +0100, Helen Faulkner wrote:

> I can understand people having difficulty if writing things not in their
> native language.  However the English in that particular document was
> perfect, as far as I can tell.  So that wasn't the problem, I think.  I

Yeah, this wasn't meant as a comment specific to the cited text.
In fact I used that argument today when a friend of mine made
a joke about me getting critizised for sexist language on Debian
lists.

> expect it has a lot more to do with the prevailing culture in this
> community, which is something everyone here is probably already aware
> of.  This is some of the stuff we would like to see changing.  :)
>
> >In reaction to
> >http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2004/08/msg00072.html I got at
> >least one personal mail that urged me not to do this...
>
> There's really nothing nice I can say about that.  I hope you got more
> suggesting that you change it.

Without debian-women traffic it's 1:1 now ;) Not much flamewar potential
so far *g*

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>