Bug#759376: ITP: python-pysocks -- socket-like interface for tunneling through SOCKS
Owner: Thomas Goirand <email@example.com>
* Package name : python-pysocks
Version : 1.5.0
Upstream Author : Anorov Vorona <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* URL : https://pypi.python.org/pypi/PySocks
* License : BSD-3-clauses
Programming Lang: Python
Description : socket-like interface for tunneling through SOCKS
This module provides a standard socket-like interface for Python for tunneling
connections through SOCKS proxies. This is an updated version of SocksiPy.
Many old bugs fixed, and overall code cleanup. It features:
* Fully supports Python 2.6 - 3.4
* SocksiPyHandler, courtesy e000, was also added as an example of how this
module can be used with urllib2. See example code in sockshandler.py.
* Bugs in the original SocksiPy were fixed, including two that could lead
to infinite hanging when communicating with bad proxy servers.
* urllib3, which powers the requests module, is working on integrating SOCKS
proxy support based on this branch.
* SOCKS5, SOCKS4, and HTTP are now aliases for PROXY_TYPE_SOCKS5,
PROXY_TYPE_SOCKS4, and PROXY_TYPE_HTTP
* Various style and performance improvements; codebase simplified
* Actively maintained
This is a dependency for running Google cloud tools.