Bug#588219: ca-certificate's maintenance
On Wednesday 07 September 2011 19:50:21 Michael Shuler wrote:
> I pulled the latest git repo that I could find (which was quite a few
> releases behind) and committed the last couple releases to have a place
> to start. I emailed Philipp Kern and asked if he had a repository that
> was more current, and again about a week ago to ask a couple other
> questions about his ideas on redesigning the package, which he mentioned
> in an email, but I haven't heard back (I know he's crazy busy :-) ).
> I've worked a bit on a local clone, working thru some of the existing
> bugs and I've been looking at how ca-certificates is used in other
> reverse dependencies. I've sort of been waiting to see if there is
> another repo to start with, before going too far and needing to rewrite
> lots of history.
I don't think that some bits of vcs history should become a blocker. Let's
better work with what we already have at hand.
> > I think we should setup a git repo in collab-maint or something.
> I also just asked to be added to collab-maint for precisely the same
> reason - I think it would be a good place for maintenance of the package.
I see that you've been added already, great.
A couple of questions:
Have you already subscribed to the PTS?
Do you have some experience in X.509 certificates, SSL/TLS, or the like?
Unless somebody has a different opinion, I think we should first:
a) Clean-up the packaging, It is a bit out of date and it leads to a few
warnings during the package build.
b) Triage the bug reports, marking as 'confirmed' those that we consider valid
and that should be fixed relatively soon. All certificate inclusion requests
should be left on hold.
Thijs, still haven't heard from you on this thread :)
Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer
www.debian.org - get.debian.net