Bug#595427: wnpp: ITP: winetricks -- Quick and dirty script to download and install variousredistributable runtime libraries
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 20:52:05 +0200
--text follows this line--
> Andreas Barth <email@example.com>
> I agree that starting with the current scripts is for starters. But we
> should do it in a way that is prepared for doing it right, and then
> starting with the easier parts of replacing the scripts with the right
> Obviously there are some very low hanging fruits within the
> winetricks-scripts (basically everything that is downloaded from an
> open source site).
What is the status of this ITP opened 2010-10-03, 6 months ago? To my
- is DFSG compliant. The current license is GPL.
- does not depend on external programs outside of Debian.
- is a single utility that helps quite a bit to install WINE related
software much easier.
- has nothing to do with WINE package itself, so bundling it would
not be good. Winetricks update schedule is different from WINE.
- There is no sense of making integration "packages for WINE" like
those of Perl and Python, because WinE/Windows is too unstable
platform to target at.
Could we just package it as is for the benefit of the users?