Bug#97234: Debian Packaging of Subversion
- To: Matthew Wilcox <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: David Kimdon <David_Kimdon@alumni.hmc.edu>, email@example.com, Grant Bowman <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, Sam TH <email@example.com>, Tommi Virtanen <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Peter Makholm <email@example.com>, Marcelo Magallon <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Daniel Stone <email@example.com>
- Subject: Bug#97234: Debian Packaging of Subversion
- From: David Kimdon <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 12:02:21 -0800
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20011204120221.A25595@instant802.com>
- Reply-to: David Kimdon <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <[🔎] 20011203212623.B18304@parcelfarce.linux.theplanet.co.uk>
- References: <20011128232904.F941@svpal.svpal.org> <20011130125459.F16519@svpal.svpal.org> <email@example.com> <20011130185914.A1939@oink> <[🔎] 20011203212623.B18304@parcelfarce.linux.theplanet.co.uk>
Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 09:26:23PM +0000 wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 06:59:14PM -0800, David Kimdon wrote:
> > 1. Berkeley db 3.3 - a bug has been filed (http::/bugs.debian.org/109853)
> > I have been building with the preliminary packages on
> > people.debian.org/~dwhedon/debian/.
> db3 is priority: required and is therefore frozen for the woody release.
> with 5 days to go until everything which depends on it is locked down,
> i'm less than keen on touching it.
FWIW, the db3.3-3.3.11 packages at people.debian.org/~dwhedon/debian/
were put together so that they can co-exist with the current db3
packages in much the same way that the db2 packages can co-exist
with the db3 pacakges. With that in mind it isn't a question of
touching db3, rather the question is do we add db3.3 packages to the
archive. I understand if you don't want to do that.
> > Subversion will make its way into Debian shortly after these
> > dependancies. With this mail I am poking the respective maintainers
> > to see where we stand.
> No subversion for woody. I'll get db 3.3 sorted out once woody is out
> of the way.
I see where you are coming from. I would, however, like to make
subversion available soon if possible. I can just leave the packages
on people.debian.org, though there has been some discussion of moving
them to experimental.