Bug#117995: RFA: dvb
Version: N/A; reported 2001-11-02
Due to lack of time and no longer having regular access to DVB hardware,
I need someone to help packaging the DVB stuff for Debian or even take
over the packaging. What I expect from my successor:
- having access to DVB hardware in order to test all the stuff
- to read the linux-dvb mailing list and now about existing problems
- beeing familiar with CVS, at least the most important knowledge about
how the compiler, linker work, about the kernel structure, about
autoconf/automake tools, shell scripting, sed.
- not beeing a completely newbie maintainer, or beeing a newbie
willing to read debhelper and debconf documentation.
- willing to work with FSF and paranoid flame-warriors. You would have
to push the firmware files into the package, the GPL issues have to
- willing to test the drivers each time when a new kernel version
appears, etc, etc.
- better speaking german to work with VDR and kVDR authors
So if someone would like to adopt dvb*, vdr* and kvdr packages, write to
me and I will give needed infos about the packages. Note that I had also
plans to create a "dvb-setup-tools" package, containing programs needed
to control the signal quality and dump the channel table in useable
-- System Information
Debian Release: testing/unstable
Kernel: Linux zombie 2.4.13 #1 Sun Oct 28 14:05:03 CET 2001 i686
Locale: LANG=de_DE@euro, LC_CTYPE=de_DE@euro
-!- Gromitt_ is now known as Gromitt
<@Getty> oh scheisse, gromitt wird wach
<@Getty> da hab ich jetzt soviele lines gemacht in den letzten 24 std.
<@Getty> und jetzt kommt der wieder ;)