RFS for icoextract (exe-thumbnailer successor)

Hi all,

A while ago I posted about icoextract, my icon extractor library for
Windows PE files[1]. This is a new library written in Python using
pefile for resource extraction and pillow (python-pil) for thumbnail
conversion.

I've since prepared Debian packaging for the project, tentatively placed
at https://salsa.debian.org/jlu-guest/icoextract. (I couldn't push to
wine-team/icoextract since I don't have permissions to set a default
branch?)

The packaging is split into 3 binary packages:
  python3-icoextract: the library portion of icoextract
  icoextract: the icoextract command line tools (icoextract & icolist)
  icoextract-thumbnailer: icoextract's exe-thumbnailer rewrite
(conflicts/provides with exe-thumbnailer)

In my testing, icoextract's thumbnailer seems stable enough - I've
thrown two dozen installer exes (including 900MB(!) installer packages
that wrestool struggles with), and a Windows installation's files at it
without any issue. The project also includes a basic round-trip test
case using MinGW to compile a dummy .exe[2].

With all this in mind, I'm inclined to deprecate the existing
exe-thumbnailer unless someone else wants to work on it. However, since
icoextract is new & has a lower version (0.1.0) than exe-thumbnailer,
I'm not exactly sure how to set up a transitional package. Any advice on
this would be appreciated!

Best,
James

[1]: https://lists.debian.org/debian-wine/2019/10/msg00008.html