Re: RFS for icoextract (exe-thumbnailer successor)

Hi

On 25.12.19 20:52, James Lu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2019-12-25 2:43 a.m., Jens Reyer wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> It seems the master branch is protected from "maintainer" pushes by
>> default (to enforce using pull requests).  I've now unprotected the
>> master branch.  I think and hope that force-pushes will still be disabled.
>>

> I double checked now - the problem is probably that I only have
> "Developer" access.

Hmm, now I'm confused.  So you can't push to the repo now, although I
unprotected the branches?

So I tried something non-intuitive now: I protected all branches (*) but
set them to push and merge for developers and maintainers.

> Would it be possible to add me as maintainer for
> just this repo? I would prefer not having to bother people with emails
> for trivial stuff like this in the future ^^

I think only Michael Gilbert ("owner") can do this, but probably only
for the whole team.  If you want that, ask him.  I'd be ok with that.

Besides that I'll try to help you out asap if I can.

>> I didn't look at your repo, but the transitional package versioning
>> seems to be ok. (Personally I would have gone for a minimally increased,
>> static version in order to not conflict with any future development of
>> exe-thumbnailer. But since you are upstream, that's no big issue.)
>>

> Noted! I thought bumping the major version would be more clear to end
> users, since it signifies that something major has changed with the
> package. It also makes the Breaks/Replaces part a bit easier to keep
> track of.

Makes sense, too :)

Greets
jre