Re: dxvk requires libvulkan-1.lib + other questions

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 9:57 PM Alexandre Viau wrote:
> Ah, so that would be
> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/wine-development/fakedlls/winevulkan.dll?
>
> What does fakedll mean?

Those are used to support apps that are looking for specific dlls by
file name, but they don't actually do anything.  I'm doubtful this
will help with what you're trying to do.  You'll need to figure out
how to build the vulkan dlls from source using winegcc or mingw.

> For now, I just provide a script that installs dxvk to the currently
> configured WINE_PREFIX:
>  - /usr/lib/dxvk/wine32-development/setup_dxvk.sh [ dxvk-wine32 pkg]
>  - /usr/lib/dxvk/wine64-development/setup_dxvk.sh [ dxvk-wine64 pkg]

Again, I consider what upstream does to be wrong since it will
interfere with using the default behavior of the wine-development
package standalone.

> Finally, should I maintain dxvk as part of the wine team?

Yes, you can add this to the team maintained packages.

Best wishes,
Mike