Re: [pkg-wine-party] Rules-Requires-Root setting (was: wine-development_3.3-1_source.changes ACCEPTED into unstable)

On Sat, Apr 7, 2018 at 6:14 PM, Jens Reyer wrote:
>>    * Correctly specify that root is required to execute debian/rules binary.
>
> Can you tell me why root is required here?

Hi Jens,

As stated there in the changelog message, it is required to be able to
execute "./debian/rules binary" without invoking fakeroot.

If you try it without fakeroot, you will get this error currently:

dh_testroot: You must run this as root (or use fakeroot).

Why debhelper adds dh_testroot lines for wine's binary targets, I'm
not sure. I haven't looked into it yet, but that must be fixed first
to be able to correctly set RRR:no for the packages.

By the way, thank you for getting the new mailing list set up.

Best wishes,
Mike