Re: [pkg-wine-party] A more basic wine-unstable package for Testing?

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 11:00 AM, David Smith wrote:
> So then I figured maybe it would be better to try to create a new wine
> package that was more minimal but newer.   I just called it
> "wine-gaming".  I started working on that but then I realized somebody
> had already done this for Debian Stable and had a package they were
> posting on the Internet that installed wine 1.7.17 to /opt on a Debian
> Stable system.  I'll refrain from posting the link because I'm not sure
> that website is particularly credible but it can be found with a google
> search.

This is basically already in progress.  The intent is to get
wine-unstable renamed to "wine-development", and then get that into
testing, which can then be used to do regular backports to stable if
someone steps up to do that.

Best wishes,
Mike