Re: [pkg-wine-party] wine_1.4.1-2_amd64.changes ACCEPTED into unstable

On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 9:46 AM, Hilko Bengen wrote:
>> wine (1.4.1-2) unstable; urgency=medium
>
> Thank you.
>
> I notice that from my last batch of patches, there are still a few
> missing that fixed actual problems with the package. Please consider
> adding these before a 1.4.1-3 release:
>
> - "wine64-bin: Use xmessage (with fallback to console) for multiarch
>   instructions"
>
>   Currently, the script is useless for people who are used to clicking
>   an icon or selecting a menu item to run some application with Wine.
>   They won't ever see the instructions, just see that it no longer
>   works.
>
> - "Remove libnss-mdns warning as the issue seems to have been fixed
>   (closes: #474289)"
>
>   As described in the BTS, I have successfully tested accessing the
>   network using 1.4.1-1 on amd64 and experienced no name resolution
>   issues at all.
>
>   In my opninion, the message about mdns is no longer needed. It is
>   misleading and annoying in its current form.

I agree with the above.  I pushed a smaller set of changes first to
make sure the more important ones got into testing.  Once 1.4.1-2
transitions, my plan was to push the above as well.

> - "sfnt2fnt: Fix broken .fon files on big-endian architectures" /
>   "No longer remove *.fon files (affects: #680421)"
>
>   Four non-TTF font families are still missing: "Courier", "MS Sans
>   Serif", "Small Fonts", "System". All of those are present on a normal
>   Windows XP installation, so it makes sense to expect that there are
>   applications that rely on them and will break in interesting ways.
>
>   It is safe to apply the rather large patch for sfnt2fnt: The only two
>   things that it does is fix the endianess issue and a signed
>   char/unsigned char problem. Before submitting the patch upstream, I
>   had checked that with the given input files, sfnt2fnt produces
>   identical output on i386 and powerpc and that the output was not
>   different than before on i386.

This is a big diff, and the release team may find it contentious, so
my current plan is to introduce this as its own update last.

Best wishes,
Mike