Re: [pkg-wine-party] wine_1.4.1-2_amd64.changes ACCEPTED into unstable

> wine (1.4.1-2) unstable; urgency=medium

Thank you.

I notice that from my last batch of patches, there are still a few
missing that fixed actual problems with the package. Please consider
adding these before a 1.4.1-3 release:

- "wine64-bin: Use xmessage (with fallback to console) for multiarch
  instructions"

  Currently, the script is useless for people who are used to clicking
  an icon or selecting a menu item to run some application with Wine.
  They won't ever see the instructions, just see that it no longer
  works.

- "Remove libnss-mdns warning as the issue seems to have been fixed
  (closes: #474289)"

  As described in the BTS, I have successfully tested accessing the
  network using 1.4.1-1 on amd64 and experienced no name resolution
  issues at all.

  In my opninion, the message about mdns is no longer needed. It is
  misleading and annoying in its current form.

- "sfnt2fnt: Fix broken .fon files on big-endian architectures" /
  "No longer remove *.fon files (affects: #680421)"

  Four non-TTF font families are still missing: "Courier", "MS Sans
  Serif", "Small Fonts", "System". All of those are present on a normal
  Windows XP installation, so it makes sense to expect that there are
  applications that rely on them and will break in interesting ways.

  It is safe to apply the rather large patch for sfnt2fnt: The only two
  things that it does is fix the endianess issue and a signed
  char/unsigned char problem. Before submitting the patch upstream, I
  had checked that with the given input files, sfnt2fnt produces
  identical output on i386 and powerpc and that the output was not
  different than before on i386.

Thanks,
-Hilko