Re: libdpkg: m_fork and friends

Dalibor Topic wrote:
Phil Lello schrieb:
Hi all,

I've started trying to port dpkg natively to Windows (as opposed to using Cygwin).

One area that may cause problems is that Windows doesn't have fork functionality, so implementing m_fork() will be challenging.
You could try using glib for that. http://library.gnome.org/devel/glib/2.14/glib-Spawning-Processes.html
It might be worth using glib to spawn child processes, to reduce os-specific code in dpkg, however this does mean introducing glib as a dependency, which may or may not be desirable.

I'll move this conversation over to the dpkg list, as this seems more of a general dpkg design issue than a Win32 specific one.

Phil