Re: How to get started

> > Windows applications use the chance of rebooting to copy files
> > that are previously used; thus dpkg and apt will probably
> > need to use Windows reboots to get applications upgraded.
> >

> Yes, but only if the file is open in the first place.  Perhaps a special
> dpkg binary that executes on reboot that moves files from a temporary
> folder to the installation location.  It could either be registered to
> always run or registered to run and remove itself from the registry.

Note that most of the time, surprisingly many files are actually open.
All the currently executing executables are 'open files'.

I am not quite sure yet if I have heard of a dpkg that runs on reboot.

I had an impression dpkg
itself does already extract files to a temporary place.
Some glue code is required.

regards,
	junichi